Christ Renews His Parish
You did not choose me; I chose you and appointed you to go and bear much fruit, the kind of fruit that endures. - John 15:16
Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP) is a spiritual renewal process that has been alive at St. Vincent de Paul parish since 1986. Semi-annual weekend retreats, held in the spring and fall, provide opportunities to experience personal conversion and Christian community in a casual, friendly atmosphere. The presenters are a CRHP team of fellow parishioners, the pastor and associate pastor.
To register for the Men’s retreat September 13-14, 2014, please contact:
For the Women’s weekend retreat September 27-28, 2014, please contact:
For CRHP Brochure (which includes a sign-up form that can be mailed in) Click Here
An excerpt from Fr. Dan’s bulletin article dated August 18, 2013:
Learning the perfection of faith is not simply the task of schoolchildren; it is ultimately the happy work of adulthood. At its best, school equips and inspires us to be life-long learners. So in this spirit, I share with you my top ten reasons why those men who haven’t yet enrolled in a Christ Renews His Parish retreat weekend would be wise to do so this weekend, in view of the upcoming September 7—8 retreat:
Top Ten Reasons You Should Go On A Men’s Retreat
1. It is free---a gift from the Lord for you, not to be refused.
2. Shock family and surprise friends, silencing their nagging and keeping them guessing.
3. This is a great time to clean out the septic system! No regrets or excuses on Judgment Day.
4. If you are too busy, you need to take a time out;
5. Do something noble and courageous and excellent: no more passive, distracted under/over-worked suburbanized male.
6. The world is dying for authentic male leadership; give the next generation something to admire.
7. Invest in brotherhood---you need them and they need you.
8. Honor the months of sacrifices made by the men giving this retreat and the literally decades of men who have already participated in it. Do not break the chain of commitment to this good.
9. The Church needs rebuilding and you are the man for this renovation. Secularization is too dangerous, and generic, unisex post-Christianity is too pathetic.
10. For Christ’s sake!!! The Lord richly rewards those who invest in His adventures and doesn’t, shall we say, take kindly to skewed priorities and lame excuses. See Luke 14:15-24.
In St. Vincent’s love of Christ,
Fr. Daniel Scheidt